Get a PRESTO Card
Buy a PRESTO card and add it to a My PRESTO Account to protect your balance.
Where to buy a PRESTO Card?
Buy a PRESTO card for $6 in person at:
Buy a card, load it, and set your fare type. Minimum load: $0.05.
In all TTC subway stations. Buy a card and load it. Minimum load: $5.00.
In select GO Transit and UP Express stations. Buy a card and load it. Minimum load: $0.05.
Buy a card, load it, and set your fare type. Minimum load: $0.05
- When you buy your card from Shoppers Drug Mart or a Customer Service Outlet you can also set your fare type. Learn how.
- You can use your PRESTO card immediately, and your card can be added to a My PRESTO Account within 24 hours.
- Never buy a card or try to load funds or passes through an unauthorized seller.
Why have a PRESTO Account?
Create a My PRESTO Account and add your card to access great benefits, including:
If your PRESTO card is ever lost or stolen, you can cancel it and transfer funds to your new card.
Add funds to your PRESTO card instantly and automatically whenever your balance falls below a set amount.
Add passes to your card automatically every month.
Manage up to 10 different PRESTO cards with one My PRESTO account and see up to two years of transaction history.
After buying a PRESTO card at a Customer Service Outlet, Shoppers Drug Mart, Fare Vending Machine or Ticket Vending Machine, you’ll need to wait up to 24 hours before adding it to a My PRESTO Account. Watch our Youtube video to learn how to create a PRESTO account on the PRESTO App.
If you can’t buy it in person, buy a PRESTO card online:
- When you buy your PRESTO card online it will take 7-10 business days to arrive.
- Get your PRESTO card for $6, plus a minimum load of $0.05.
- Once received, activate your card and start tapping.
How to activate my PRESTO card?
When you order a card online with a My PRESTO Account, it needs to be activated before you can use it.
You can activate your new card online, through our Chat feature, or by phone at 1-877-378-6123 using the PIN you selected.
Cards purchased without an account can be used right away but do not have balance protection or access to other PRESTO features.
Reporting your lost, stolen or damaged card and transferring the balance
All the PRESTO cards added to your My PRESTO Account can be cancelled if they are lost, stolen or damaged. Learn more
To cancel a PRESTO card:
- Log into your My PRESTO Account through our website or app
- Open our Chat feature
- Call us at 1-877-378-6123
- Visit a Customer Service Outlet
Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for your PRESTO card to be cancelled once you have reported it. PRESTO is not responsible for any charges to the card during this time.